Friday, April 26, 2013

R-r-r-andom Rant.

It's been an interesting couple of days. I've had a hard time today deciding whether I am content with the present situation. On one hand, my car is officially paid off (yippee!), but on the other hand, I felt more emotional today than I have in a while and it's bothered me. It's amazing how something that is so great can leave you feeling so crappy. Plus it also doesn't help when something so natural is so wrong. I didn't realize that I missed companionship, but I guess I do a little. There is a certain element of comfort in catching up with your feet up drinking a beer with someone else.

I finally went grocery shopping. I figured eating pasta 4 nights in a row was a sign that I needed to shop. It was nice listening to Coldplay strolling the aisles for an hour and picking out things I would like to eat. I find something incredibly relaxing about grocery shopping. It's an act I only do a couple times a month, but it's enjoyable. Sometimes these types of acts are the highlights on my month. I look forward to waking up in the morning knowing that I will be starting the day by having a hearty breakfast. Further I have decided to cut out bread from my diet except for one meal a day (probably lunch since I love sandwiches). Maybe gluten is the reason I'm gaining weight.
Also, I've always thought it would be romantic to meet someone at a grocery store, "sorry miss you dropped your muff, I mean muffin". Then we would laugh and fall madly in love.
Just kidding about the end. Kind of.

This post was random but I just felt the need to write. I could go on about the blackout and feeling sick from sushi, but not right now. It's not as exciting as knowing about my diet and grocery shopping regiment. So I figured that took precedence.

Some things just don't change, good or bad. It's nice to have the reminder. Living in a world of "what ifs" and momentary sweetness is not how I want to spend my time.
My upper back is killing me.