Saturday, January 5, 2013

Italy and Beyond.

Watching Under the Tuscan Sun always makes me cry. Not because it is sad, but because it moves me. For those who haven't seen it, it's based in Tuscany and the landscapes are absolutely beautiful.

The reason why I love this movie goes beyond the landscapes and country I so desperately want to see, it reminds me how you can change your life anytime you want. New beginnings.

A couple of my favourite quotes from the movie:

"I think you're in danger of never recovering.
You know when you come across one of those empty-shell people, and think 'what the hell happened to you'?
Well there came a time in each one of their lives where they were at a crossroads.
Someplace where they had to decide to turn left or right.
This is no time to be a chickenshit."

Life goes on.
Life never has to be different than what you want it to be. Take a chance.

"You're so boring! What? I said you're boring. Look at you. You're sad! Again! You're like a big black hole.
Fefe said 'regrets are a waste of time. They're past crippling you in the present'.
How are you ever going to be happy if you keep wallowing?
Listen, when I was a little girl, I would spend hours looking for ladybugs. Finally, I would just give up and fall asleep in the grass. When I woke up, they were crawling all over me."

Be patient, good things come to those who wait.

I really need to get away... And maybe I'll just watch this everyday until I do it.
Or maybe I'll do what I did a couple years ago and start looking at villas online again. Now that would be a dream come true.