Thursday, July 2, 2009

Time.

Holy crap. It's already July. That is just so ridiculous, "time flies".
People always say that time flies when you are having fun, but really, time goes quickly all the time. Period. It would make sense though, and maybe I'm trying to think outside the box (when I am really not), but time is a set measure. There is no speed ups, or slow downs, it's just all in individual perspective.
It has been 2 1/2 months since I walked out of my last exam when it was incredibly windy and I sliced my hand on my binder (still have the scar). When I take this time and put it into perspective, I have 2 1/2 months until I start my last year in Guelph. I am right on the brink of being doing half of my summer. Where did the time go? Every year I think, this summer is going to be amazing, I'm going to do so many amazing thingsssssss, and then it's gone before I know it. Damn. Then I think about how much I hate winter - with a burning passion in my soul. Soon it's going to be fall, school starts, then winter will arrive with full force and I will be looking forward to the coming summer starting in... November.
Very vicious cicle.
Alas. I have the remainder of this summer to make it exactly what I want it to be. So far I really don't think I'm doing too bad of a job, considering I am incredibly happy on all fronts (minus my dad which is a lost cause).
Since I last wrote, I have hardly worked. I had sunday off, and I only worked for a few hours on monday because it was such a rainy day. I made 20 dollars and did mindless activities at work to pass the time. Went over to Josh's briefly to say hi, but headed back to my aunt's to get an early start on tuesday. Woke up fabulously early on tuesday so I could get my way down to my dad's for a visit. My aunt drove me to Aberfoyle to grab the bus, and of course my ipod died when I put it on. That reminds me that I need to charge it. Hopped on a bus to Square One, then to Port Credit. I got there before my dad was back, so I sat on the steps of his new place that is less than a block from the waterfront *love it*. It was around lunch time, so we walked along the water to Snug Harbour Restaurant, sat on the kind-of inside patio while it downpoured. I had clam chowder and mussels for lunch, which were great. We sat around and chatted until we headed back along lakeshore. Since their place is still a mess from moving, I passed out for a bit until my cousin called me. Chris has bronchitis but also lives in Port Credit so I wanted to see her for a bit. She picked me up and we headed to her place for some tea and chatter. I didn't stay long since I wanted to be back for dinner. I had some vino with my dad and told him he should put pictures of my sister and I up on the walls to show people that we actually exist. We had ribs and salad, and we were just finishing when Jessika showed up. She came to talk with us for a bit, until we walked down to Timothy's for a hot beverage. We talked for a little while and 2 older men were talking to me in the 2 hours we were there. One of them thought I was turned 16 last week, thanks. I had plans to meet another Chris at The Kings Arms for a drink at 1015. Jessika, even with a GPS got completely lost in Oakville, where she grew up. I knew where I was going, but neither she or the GPS knew anything about directions. I ended up being late and met Chris outside in the parking lot. Since my first attempt with eharmony was a blow, I figured I might as well give it another chance. Chris is cute, tall, adventurous and has a great laugh (Jessika approved guy). I was only planning on hanging out with him for one drink, but it turned into a 3 hour adventure that brought us down to the water. We talked about our interesting adventures down in Costa Rica. When he asked me a month ago if Beach Travellers was a good company to go with, I said yes. He didn't know anything about the trip, but booked it based on my heresay! I was glad I didn't disappoint him.
He drove me back to my place, where he gave me a small kiss and waited until I was inside till he drove away. I woke up in the morning to him sending me a few texts at 2am about Go Transit bus times. I told him I didn't know what they were and wasn't sure how I was getting back to Kitchener, but he went out of his way to check it for me without me asking him to. That was pretty unexpected and won him some serious brownie points. My dad was heading up north for a couple weeks, so I had to get out early. Him and I got into an argument that got me so irritated I walked out without saying goodbye. I went to Timothy's fairly upset and got some tea and a muffin. I had some serious time to kill before I had to get to Toronto, then back to Kitchener for work at 330 on Canada Day, so I brought my food to the water and hung out for 1 1/2 hours until I had to leave. It was absolutely perfect. It is amazing how at ease water makes me feel about life. It's so peaceful and relaxing to me.
I walked up to the GO and went to Toronto. I didn't buy a ticket, and I saw 4 cops walk past me. They didn't check tickets, but when I got up at Union, all of them were in the same compartment as I was. That would've been like 150 dollar ticket. I rushed to the subway (thank god I knew where I was going) and booked it to the bus terminal. I ran the entire way and my bag was open the whole way. Thank god my computer didn't fall out because honestly, I probably wouldn't have noticed. The bus to Kitchener was running slightly late, so I got there on time but incredibly out of breath. It's good because I have lost all the weight I gained since the beginning of summer so I can run now without thinking I'm going to cough up a lung or something. The bus arrived in Kitchener an hour early (!!), not sure how that happened, but I had some serious time to kill before my shift. I walked over to Josh's. even though him nor Devon was there and chilled in their sunroom with some Tim Horton's. I fell asleep briefly but woke up knowing that I had to get to work. I got there and it was totally dead and POURING rain. Great. I was asked if I wanted to stay or go, and I decided I left Mississauga to work, so I might as well. I'm glad I did, holy cowza. In 6 hours, I made 120 dollars with time and a half. I calculated it, and I was making 33 dollars/hour last night. Although I spilt chocolate milk ALL OVER ME and sour cream too, I had a good night with 2 different tables commenting how amazing I was at serving. I chuckled to myself because I was fucking busy and thinking I was serving incredibly bad, but apparently not. That happened on Saturday too, when a bunch of Oakville guys came in. They seemed to be impressed that I lived in Oakville for like 2 years and thought I was amazing, and one of them gave me his number and a 10 dollar tip on a pitcher. Way to buy your way into my life. Anyways, I talked to this guy Josh from work until my aunt came to pick me up, and we drove to Tim Horton's to grab some tea while we waited for Colin to get back from the fireworks (which were apparently very bad). This was the first time in years that I didn't get to see the fireworks. I was kind of disappointed about it, but I made some good money last night. Came back, crashed, and had a really good sleep. Now I am sitting here on my day off thinking what I should do. It's kind of crappy outside, so I may try to organize my stuff downstairs since I STILL haven't gotten around to it yet. I have saturday off to, as of right now, so I may actually get to go out for the first time since last week.
I have been writing for an hour, and my hands are tired, so I'm going to go relax for a bit before I do anything productive. More like, IF I do anything productive.

It's quite interesting. When I "thought" I was having an amazing summer with Lyle, I never wrote about it at all. But now that I'm actually having an amazing summer, I want to remember everything I do. I guess I knew deep down it wasn't what I wanted, or needed either.