Saturday, July 25, 2009

Amazing.

So over the past couple days, I've had a brilliant time. It really has put the definition of summer into the correct perspective.
On Wednesday, I went to work. I missed the bus, and was very late. I waited for 1.5 hours until I told my manager that I was going to start, or to send me home. He chose the ladder. I had some time to kill before Brent was back from Windsor, so I headed over to Devon's place to say hi so I didn't have to sit by myself in a Tim Horton's for 2 hours. I expected Devon to be there, but didn't expect Josh to be there, so we all hung out for a bit. Josh and I walked over to the convenience store to grab some drinks, and Josh played some guitar until I had to leave around 930pm. I met Brent at the Tim Horton's since Josh didn't want Brent to come to his house, and left. Brent said he just needed to stop and grab something really quick before we went to his house, and we stopped at Pizza Hut and he surprised me with my favorite Pizza Hut dinner :). We headed back to his place and he had set up dinner with wine and candles. It was very cute. We sat down, ate, drank and talked for a while. Brent had the spontaneous idea that we should get a hotel room in Toronto for thursday night, so we booked it. We were planning on heading to Canada's Wonderland early, so we went to sleep. I couldn't sleep so I was up at 630am wide awake. I lay in bed for a couple hours just waiting for the alarm to go off. It was pouring rain when I was awake and continued to do so until 11am. We checked the forecast and it called for thunderstorms all day so we decided to ditch the idea of going to Canada's Wonderland and headed to Toronto for the day instead. We stopped off at Tim Horton's for breakfast and exchanged stories about fluke accidents that we had heard about for the majority of the way there. We got there and it seemed that the weather may not be as bad as forecasted, but we stayed in Toronto anyways (good idea). We parked at the Delta Chelsea and walked up to the Eaton's Centre to do some looking around. Brent and I both bought some clothes, including me buying some wicked new jeans ($150 I got for $50) and a sweet belt too and new leggings with Brent enjoys a lot. Brent bought me some cute nautical earrings which I love. We went to the food court and grabbed some snacks to tie us over till dinner, and we walked back to the hotel to check in. We headed up to our room and settled in. We headed out for dinner since the weather cleared up nicely (to our disappointment that we could've gone to Canada's Wonderland after all) and walked down to Lonestar Grill for dinner. We hung out and drank and ate (a lot) and tried to find somewhere to go for some live music. We ended up walking up to Queen Street to look in some stores and settled in at Everest for a couple drinks on the patio. It started DOWNPOURING rain out of nowhere, so we went inside. I tried Bud Light Lime which was definitely much better than I thought it was going to be. We walked back up to the hotel, and stopped to get some Haggen Daaz ice cream to snack on.
In the morning, we woke up to beautiful weather. Brent couldn't find his shoe for the majority of the time after we arrived in our room on Thursday, but when we left to check out it was mysteriously placed on a table just outside our door. The weird part was the fact that it wasn't there when we got back from Everest the night before. Interesting. We headed to the elevator and for some reason Brent's toothbrush managed to get lodged in the elevator. It was pretty funny and I think I was laughing so hard at the randomness that I peed just a little. We checked out, while throwing out our parking pass, so much for express check-out. We dropped off our stuff at the car and headed back along Queen Street to check out some stores we passed by the night before. Brent got ripped off about Black History, and I got some sweet new sunglasses. We went for Shawarmas (sp?) for lunch and headed to Osgoode Hall to eat in one of my favorite places in Toronto. It was raining but we were sheltered by all the big trees. Brent had to be back in Kitchener for dinner, so we left Toronto around 330pm. It took us 3 hours to get back to Kitchener (crazy) through crazy rain. Brent dropped me off and I spent the night relaxing infront of the tv. I played with the extensions I ordered, and although they do not match my hair perfectly, they look pretty real.

Now I have to head to work, and hopefully I'll get off at a decent time so I can go to Starlight for the 80's music night. Sweet.