Thursday, July 2, 2009

All you need is love.

I wanted to write about this yesterday on the bus when I thought of it.
It dawned on me how bad of luck I've had with "love". I am still sure I don't know what it is. I think I am so set on finding out what it is, that I have based so much of my life around relationships. Like the title of my blog -
life is love. love is life.
I obviously am basing my entire life around "love", like it is all I need. I guess I am hoping that it is all I am going to need to be happy, and when I have it, I will know. I honestly wish I didn't feel this way, but at the same time, I'm glad I am so hopeful that things will work out. No matter how many bad things occur, I am still looking for the good things that make it worthwhile and make it last.

- Moulin Rouge says it best -
All you need is...
Beauty. Freedom. Truth. Love.

Tolouse:
Don't you believe in beauty?

Christian:
Yes.

Argentine:
Freedom?

Christian:
Yes, of course.

Satie:
Truth?

Christian:
Yes.

Doctor:
Love?

Christian:
Love? Love... Above all things I believe in love!
Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendored thing,
love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love!