Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recap.

Soo I haven't written in here for about a week, but I'm going to try to remember all the exciting happenings.
We left off at last Tuesday...
I was scheduled for a split shift at the Huether. I only had one annoying table who claimed 15 minutes was far too long to wait for food. After my shift, I headed over to Tim Horton's to grab some lunch and catch-up on my reading of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It was actually a nice day, so I sat outside for about an hour before Brent came to keep me company for a bit. He got me an iced coffee which I drank and did not totally hate (surprisingly). We chatted for a bit until he had to go to do a conference call at work. I continued to sit outside until I headed back to the Huether for the second part of my shift. I didn't make much money and left fairly early. I actually managed to catch the bus back to my aunt's place and passed out.
Wednesday I managed to find someone to take my shift, so I hung around for the afternoon and read almost the entire HP book before Brent came over for our first "date". I dressed up nicely, and he showed up with a dozen roses and won the heart of my aunt while we talked in the living room. We left so we didn't miss our reservation at Wildcraft, but were almost 15 minutes late anyways. We sat down and we ordered a couple martinis. I rather enjoyed mine, although Brent did not drink his OR eat his food because he was still feeling under the weather. I ate by myself (love it) and we chatted until 8pm (delicious cheesecake dessert), which was when HARRY POTTER started. I was told that it was at 830pm, but it turned out it really was at 8pm. We settled up the bill quickly and bolted to the movie theater. I was worried that I was going to miss some of it, so I went pee and pulled my groin muscle. I know it sounds stupid, but I did it while I was walking over to the hand dryer. Awesome. The movie theater was surprisingly un-busy so we ended up getting better seats than I had expected.
Harry Potter was decent and funny, but it was kind of anti-climatic and didn't really follow the book very well. Brent was talking and joking throughout the entire movie, and I had to explain to him what was going on alot. Once the movie ended, we headed over the Symposium to have a couple late night drinks. We sat there for about an hour just talking about life and I came to see how much overlap there is when it comes down to his and my ideas about life. It was kind of nice.
I didn't really want to go home yet since we were having the ideal date, like ever, so he took me on a drive out to the country to watch the stars. He took me to a golf course and brought a sleeping bag and sweaters out to one of the fairways. It was really neat because in the distance there was a thunderstorm happening, so there was lightning fairly frequently going off. It was a really awesome contrast to the clear blue sky we were looking up at. At a certain time, sprinklers go off on a golf course. Well unfortunately, we picked the WRONG time to be on a golf course because the sprinklers started to go off. Luckily, we were about 3 feet away from where it hit the ground. It would've been quite hilarious if it managed to hit us like in a 90s crappy teen romance movie. We booked it off because we figured we would get hit momentarily and headed back into the city. Brent dropped me off at home, and I headed to sleep. It was definitely an amazing night to remember. Brent is incredibly corny with his jokes and is very sweet and a huge suck up. Lol... read on.
Thursday morning rolled around, and Brent called about hanging out for the afternoon since he was not working. It was discussed the night prior, so it was nice that we ended up hanging out. He asked me what I wanted for lunch and I said we could make something here, or Vencenso's (sp?) if he really wanted to. He showed up with coolers and lunch from Vencenso's. We headed over to the pool and had the pool to ourselves for at least an hour before little munchkins came with their families. Brent took pleasure in throwing me into the (shallow) water with my shorts still on and I boob-flopped on landing. We played in the pool for a bit until all the other people came. We sat by the water for a bit eating chocolate which melted a little too much and then headed back to my aunt's when Brent started getting very burnt and I had to get ready for work. I had a shower and got ready, and had some extra time to chill with Brent before he drove me to work. It ended up being a pretty decent night at work, or at least better than I originally thought, and Brent offered to drive me home rather than me cabbing home.
Friday, I slept in and hung around the house until I had to work at 645pm. Lyle came by in the afternoon to pick up some of his clothes I found, and unfortunately had to talk to him for a couple minutes when he got there. After that I was in an irritated mood, so I had a nap. I headed to work for a stupid reservation which turned into the biggest waste of my life. I stayed for 5.5 hours for one frikking table. I was incredibly frustrated by the time I left, but Brent came to pick me up and drive me home. We hung out for a bit at a Tim Horton's discussing the biggest questions of life, then went to my aunt's until I kicked him out after giving me a massage.
Saturday I woke up late again. Chris was coming down from Oakville around 3pm, so I got ready and started watching The Mask of Zorro. Chris arrived and we tried to figure out what we were going to do. We went upstairs and looked up the people playing at the Jazz Festival, and determined (I determined) that it would be worth checking out. We drove uptown and walked down King St., got some gelato (so good) and gave Chris a tour of King St. including the Huether. We headed back towards where the Jazz Festival was, and determined it was best to follow the old people. It worked out fabulous. The only bad part about this day was spilling gelato all down my yellow shirt. Unfortunately, it was quite noticable and I was thoroughly embarrassed walking down the street with brown shit down my front. I went to the mall thing in uptown Waterloo to find a substitute shirt. We went to the Jazz Festival for about an hour and listened to some good tunes. It kind of started to rain, so we headed out to East Side's for dinner. We wanted to sit on the patio, but they wouldn't open it for us. Oh well. We had some ceasars and dinner, and headed to the LCBO for some beer. We got back to the house and watched Wipeout, The Night at the Roxbury (I forgot how stupid this movie was) and Kill Bill 1. By this point, we were both super tired so we headed to bed. We originally were going to go to a psychic for fun, but it was closed by the time we got back. So crappy.
Sunday morning, Chris had to leave early to get back in time for paintball, so I stayed in bed until 1pm. I figured I wouldn't hear from Josh (kind of happy) and I called Brent to hang out. He came over and he played some piano (veryyyy attractive) and made plans to go Go-karting. We told my aunt that we would be back for dinner, so we headed out to the LCBO so Brent could shower my aunt with gifts including a bottle of wine, and then went to thevery high-scale (not) go-karting place called Erbsville. We waited in line for about... 45 minutes. We tried to pick the fastest karts. It was super fun minus the fact that:
a. I got dust in my eyes the entire way - not cool with contacts
b. I got in trouble for bumping, when it was CLEARLY Brent that was doing it. Jerk.
The roadway was incredibly bad and had a ton of bumps in it the entire way. It didn't help the fact that my helmet kept falling backwards off my head so I was driving with one hand the majority of the time.
After go-karting, we stopped at the grocery store so Brent could pick up a nice flower for my aunt for making him dinner. Suck-up. When we got back, we helped with dinner and enjoyed eating a very yummy meal together. I had Tartufo for the first time in probably 7-8 years. I forgot how good it was. By the time dinner was over, we had to go rondevous with some of Brent's friends at Symposium at 10pm. We ended up being a little late (25 minutes) and stayed around for a drink and left. We made plans for Canada's Wonderland this Thursday (WOOOO!) and headed back to my aunt's to hang out for a bit. We ended up staying up until 330am when I finally kicked him out because we both had to work in the morning.
I woke up extremely tired, and got dropped off at work. I was purposefully late by about 20 minutes because I knew I wasn't going to start right away, and then... 1.5 hours later, I left without working. I took a bus back to my aunt's so I could have some lunch and a nap, then took a bus back to Waterloo to work again at 5pm. It was pretty quiet all night but I ended up getting some very good tips. I handed off my last table to Ilona since I wanted to get out of there, and Brent picked me up and we headed to Tim Horton's so I could get some tea and a doughnut. We then went to the grocery store (open 24 hours) that was closed. Brent was determined that I needed some chocolate at 12am. I was craving some dessert. We then headed back to his apartment where he showed me around and met his brother again who looks nothing like him. We watched some Intervention until 130am, when I decided it was best if I went back earlier than later. Brent drove me home and I passed out pretty quickly.
Today I work in a couple hours, so I better get ready. Especially since I just wrote about myself for at least an hour. Yikes.
It was a really fabulous week, and this week has started off quite good as well. It's so hard to believe it is the 21st of July. It's so messed up that I have been out of school for 3 months already. Crazy. So much stuff has happened.
Here's to a great rest of the summer. CHEERS!
Fingers crossed for Skydiving this summer. Holy shit.