Tuesday, May 7, 2013

This moment.

Do you ever get caught up in a moment?

I mean, truly lose yourself in the world for maybe a second, minute or longer?

This may happen alone or with someone else. Your issues, life and people just fade away?

For me, it doesn't happen very often but I love the feeling it gives me. It feels like time has frozen, just for me, in that moment. I am unaware of time and responsibilities. It's a moment of true peace.

It's my day off today but I still have commitments and places to be at specific times. But in the midst of it, I got caught up in absolutely nothing.
I was lying on my balcony with the sun of my face, eyes closed. I hear the world continuing around me but don't notice. I smell the fresh cut grass.
It may have only lasted a moment or a few minutes, I can't be sure. Time was at a standstill. Unfortunately something brought me back, and with an element of alarm I was already wondering what time it was- did I miss my appointment?
I breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't miss my appointment, but with this sigh comes a feeling of regret that the moment is gone. I ruined it, time, life... Ruined it.

On days I work, I am more aware of time and its importance. But on my days off I do not wear a watch or check my phone as regularly. I try to avoid time because its inevitable, so why get consumed in its importance?