Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Perfection.

Recently, I wrote about getting caught up in a simplistic moment. A breath of fresh air, so to speak. 

During my vacation, I had another one. One that lasted hours, but only felt like a few minutes. 
It was one of the most romantic nights of my life. Yet, it was so simple. The moon over the water, the sound of the waves and slow music in the background. The way my body moved ever so slowly as we danced, round and round. It started faster, then the rhythm changed, and we began to sway. My hair would fall into my face and you would tuck it behind my ear. I closed my eyes and leaned against you, listening to you sing the songs you wanted me to hear. I was lost in the moment. 

I'm writing about it because I don't want to forget it. On the way home I caught myself smiling about it.

It made me a believer again- in love mostly, but of happiness too. That chivalrous people still exist, and life can be simple if you want it to be. Don't hurt others for the sake of it, give what you receive, and that passion can be multi- faceted.
However, the most valuable lesson I was reminded of was to sit back and enjoy the ride, life is not that bad.