Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Presents.

Even though it was bad of me, I drove home after having a few drinks last night.

I know, I know... slap on the wrist for Katy.

I just wanted to note how ridiculously drunk I get when I drink beer. Give me hard liquor, I'm good to go for hours. However, when a beer is in my hand, I am a mess.
Case in point, last summer on Brandon's birthday. You can go back and read about it if you want to shake your head with disgust and amazement.

Karma for drinking and driving (a little):

My wonderful cat loves me so much.
SO MUCH that she left 2 presents in my room for my arrival. One giganto puke pile on my white duvet cover and another one underneath my desk chair. It now looks like there is a poop stain across my bed. It grosses me out.

After rubbing my cat's face in her presents, I passed out real nice and woke up WIDE AWAKE at 6:00am. I realized that I had been sleeping with my mouth open (very attractive), and after a night of drinking, I was incredibly dehydrated. As soon as I got out of bed, I felt dizzy and realized that I was still drunk. I had some tap water and passed out again, and almost missed my alarm for work.
When I finally did wake up, I noticed the other present sitting on my bed that one of my client's gave me on Monday. Noo, no poop stains (quite the opposite). He got me a travel size kit with shampoo, conditioner, deodorant and body wash! Very sweet.
You wonder why would I bring up the fact that my clients adore me... other than wanting to bring up the fact that my clients adore me.... but ALSO because they think I need a refresher (ha!) on personal hygiene.

Very ironic.
So, the point of my story.

The guy who brought it in, not only brought in the gift, but also brought his incredibly foul smelling personal odor. This guy probably has never been with a woman (he's 45) and never was introduced to "Showering for Dummies" (<--- not actually a book, but a BRILLIANT idea that should be given to anyone that:
A. covers up their stink with other foul odors, like bad cologne
B. does not shower
C. [most common] thinks using deodorant is "unethical")

Ha, I make myself laugh. I wonder if I can copyright that idea so no one makes a gag gift and makes millions off it.

Anyways, should get back to work. Just wanted to share one of my ironic adventures in travel, without having anything to do with travel (ironic in its own words).