Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh my Gush!

Yesterday turned out to be a really great day!
After seeing Justin briefly, it kind of wrecked my mood until I got to the hospital to see my grandmother. A nurse showed me to her new room, and I was instantly surprised at the progress she had made in the last month. Absolutely surprised! She was able to communicate and hold conversations for the first time in months. Although the other women in the ward were yelling "I WANT TO DIEEEEE" and "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" to the nurses, it was a pleasure visit.
We then drove back to Toronto and I was falling asleep the entire way. I was incredibly tired for some reason... Maybe it was from the lack of interest in the movie CHOKE the night before. What a stupid movie. Although that was lame, the fun analogy that came up about paradise and boating into the sunset made it all worthwhile. Maybe that's why I was so tired...
Anyways, my dad went to do groceries, so I came home and passed out for like 2 hours. I was woken up by my dad calling me down to drink some wine before dinner. I ate some salmon pate and realized I was absolutely starving. After talking/bragging about Lyle, my dad presented me with one of his old Pentax cameras for me to use for the summer. It's a film camera so it should be fun to play with. Another cool thing that happened yesterday was my dad told me that the research I did during my internship at Sunnybrook Hospital is getting published, and better yet, I am getting acknowledgment! I thought that was pretty awesomely cool. Turns out I just may be smarter than I thought. Go figure.
After that we sat down for dinner. It was very delish - steak, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts, with strawberries and freshly whipped whip-cream for dessert. Yum. We sat around talking until around 9:45pm, when I cleaned the dishes and watched 90210. I called Lyle and we talked for 1 1/2 hours, until we both decided it was time for sleepy.
I woke up this morning at 6:33am, and it was so bright. I somehow found the energy to get my camera and take a couple pictures of the sunrise. When I actually woke up hours later, it was overcast and ugly out.
I woke up, made some oatmeal with blueberries and drank some tea as my ritual. Then I started looking up places to go and things to see in Niagara-on-the-Lake for this weekend. That took me quite a while. Once I was done, I ate some lunch, showered and chatting with Rachel.
Now I am writing this, waiting for my sister to get here. It's our "birthday dinner" tonight (although my birthday isn't for another 2 months), and we are going downtown to the Distillery for dinner which is really nice. Then OFF TO LILY ALLEN!!! Tonight should be a good night. THANK GOODNESS for Lyle remembering to pack the tickets the night before, or I would've forgotten them in Guelph for shizzle.
Tomorrow I'll be downtown all day so that should be good also.
Then off to Niagara for the weekend!!!! Woot!
Only 9 days until I am off to Victoria, so crazy. La la laaaaaa! I am loving April.