Monday, February 4, 2013

Squats.

Ow.
It hurts.

I decided this weekend that I wanted to start doing squats. A bigger butt and legs never hurt anyone and I would like to get in better shape this year.

But damn, it burns.

They say start with 3 reps of 15-20, but of course I read this after I had done 2 reps of 50. I would really like to tone up a bit before I go away in 3.5 weeks. Squats are also good for your upper abs if you have the right posture, so it hurts to sit up in bed right now.

I also (finally) went and bought a yoga mat and a few DVDs so I can do yoga at home every day. It's actually quite nice doing yoga during the day - it's just going to be tough over the next couples weeks when I'm at FC. With these 2 exercises I think it will help my cardio, flexibility, circulation (no more frigid hands) and slightly aggressive side. Plus my apartment is perfect for it. This will all be a good warm up to my jogging routine that will start once the weather gets nicer. I don't want to catch a cold. Bonus: the new guy from work has a hook up at lulu lemon and can get me 50% off. Awesomeeeee.

Today was a great day off- I feel like I got to accomplish a few things but also had time to relax. I was even up earlier than usual.
Tomorrow I am back to work, and checking out Winterlicious in the evening. I haven't been this year and am craving a steak or prime rib. Apparently Canyon Creek has an amazing prime rib sandwich that I must try, especially since I get 25% off woot! Between my 2 jobs I get discounts on 2 of my favourite things, food and travel, I'm quite lucky.

Guess I shall go to sleep. Hoping that yoga and exercise helps me sleep a little bit better, I'm quite tired of waking up so often in the night. Plus I've been dreaming badly - last night I had a "paranormal activity" dream and didn't want to open my eyes since I thought a little girl was watching me sleep. Shutter.

Fingers crossed I will have good dreams, I like those a lot better.

Last thing, if you want to watch a cool cover video, look up Walk off the Earths cover of Trouble by Taylor Swift.