Saturday, September 1, 2012

Wavelengths.

I feel like my love muscles are two separate wavelengths going up and down, fairly parallel to each other. The first wave is my brain and the second is my heart. They rarely cross paths, but when they do, they are equal in that point in time. These thoughts and emotions are instantaneous and are gone before I can think very much into it. So I am left with two wavelengths moving along, not speaking to each other.

My heart wavelength has the greatest variance, my brain stays fairly consistent.

You could see it this way - my brain are the morals and belief system I have followed, and my heart can never get it right. It is only in those fleeting moments when I truly think my feelings are agreeing.

What does this mean?

Does it mean I don't have any idea what I want? Or that my heart is not working to all of its glory with the right person? Or am I too set in my mentality that I cannot see the things standing right in front of me?

They say love is blind, they also say that about the broken hearted... So basically as soon as you put yourself out there, you are not only screwed for the relationship, but if it goes shady, then you are screwed for a long time after too.

I wish I was more consistent.
I also wish I could just get it right.

Metaphors are great for explaining situations, but it also raises more questions. Maybe I should stop using metaphors and comparisons and accept things the way they are and make it work.

Ha, I'm too hopeless for that.
Good idea though.