Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sickkids.

I have always wanted to have the opportunity to afford tickets to the Princess Margaret Cancer Society or Sickkids lottery. I tried to buy $250.00 worth of tickets to Princess Margaret, but they sold out. So, I bought $195.00 worth of tickets to Sickkids. I figured it is a good time to start giving back to charity. I feel a little hypocritical working on a hospital foundation, but not donating myself.
When I compare this amount of money to the amount of money I make in a year, it is pretty terrible how I only donated $195.00.
I am going to make a note and act on it, to donate a little more every year. It's not about winning the prizes - it's about supporting the health care system and furthering knowledge on bigger issues that impact thousands of people every year in Canada.

That's all I am going to say, but if you have some extra money sitting around, don't be selfish if you have the opportunity to help and find a charity that you are passionate about.
Also, don't just say it, act on it.