Saturday, July 3, 2010

Update.

It is a beautiful saturday morning and I am sitting outside by the pond eating my usual breakfast (yogurt, berries and all-bran mixed together - very healthy btw) and I thought that maybe I should take the time and write down a couple of the fun things that have happened in the last week or so.

Jam -
Monday before my birthday, Jessika, Chris, Greg and I went to Jam Martini Bar in downtown Oakville for food and drinks. It was a pretty fun night eating sushi and lychee martinis filled to the brim. It was Greg's birthday starting at midnight Tuesday, so we all waited until midnight to go our separate ways so we could all be the first to wish him a Happy Birthday. After that we stopped at Tim Horton's, did some driving around Meadowvale (lol) and walked in a very dark and creepy park by my old house in Oakville. It ended up being pretty fun.

Birthday -
My birthday was pretty good this year minus the time I spent at work. I picked up a shift because I am such a nice person, and ended up being there for three hours (which was fine) but made hardly any money. On top of that, I seemed to have misplaced money so I walked out with even less than I meant to make. After that I went home and had an amazing nap. I woke up and my family took me out to the Mandarin. It wasn't my first choice, but it ended up being pretty good. Jessika also came for it so it was fun. My family got me a new tennis racquet, tennis balls, a water bottle and a tennis bag. My tennis instructor and I keep missing our appointments, so I STILL haven't used it yet. After dinner, and an embarrassing birthday song and photo from the people at the Mandarin and my family, Jessika and I went over to her place, chatted and went to Boston Pizza because I wanted to do Karaoke. I basically spent my entire birthday at work. Which, didn't end up being so terrible because there were a lot of staff there doing karaoke and my manager just kept handing me (free) drinks. Thanks Ian! I really wanted to sing Escape by Enrique, so a few of us went up and sang it amazingly, as well as an AC/DC song that I forget the name of. Not a crazy birthday, but it just what I wanted.

This Tuesday -
Greg took me to a belated birthday dinner once I got back into the city. We went to a place called Latitude in Oakville, which is a restaurant that changes their menu every month. We had wine and dinner which was really nice, and then went to downtown Burlington and sat by the water. Burlington seems pretty nice, I want to go back there during the day and look around.

Canada Day -
I worked for the majority of Canada Day, but when I was done I went to Jessika's parents place with her and Chris. Her parents have a penthouse condo suite on the 22nd floor overlooking Toronto and the Lake. We could basically see every single firework going off in the GTA (due SE). It was a pretty amazing way to see fireworks. They were going off all over the place, all the time for about an hour straight. It was really neat.

This Friday -
I worked all day and got off early so Jessika and I went to Oakville Place for dinner and a chat. We ended up being there until it closed and went to my place for a hot tub. It was a pretty picturesque night too. Not a cloud in the sky.


I have to work till close tonight because of UFC and then open tomorrow morning. Gah. I am looking very forward to having a couple days off. Rachel and I are going to go for dinner on sunday, and I may even see Jordan at the end of the weekend who is visiting from New York.
METRIC next friday!! So excited. I haven't been to the Amphlitheatre for years, and it was a pretty terrible experience the last time I went so hopefully it is super fun this time around. Unfortunately, my amazing management decided that Saturday morning at 8am after my concert would be the perfect time for a staff meeting. So there goes any ideas of staying in Toronto for the night. Bummer.

That's the sum up for the last week or so.
On top of all of that, I got my job at Credit Valley, and won a $500 Blackberry Bold in a raffle during the EMS Soiree I went to a few weeks ago. Never won anything before, so I figured that was a good sign that I got it the night I met all the people involved in the foundation. Other than that, things have been pretty constant around here. I am finally starting to look for apartments for September so I can have my little goofy living with me again. I miss my kitty. The summer has been pretty exciting and fun so far, considering my three jobs. I still have a ton of time to just lie by the pool and drive around in my car (Roxanne).

Okay, shower time then headed to the mall to do some shopping. There are great sales on EVERYWHERE right now. It's amazing. I am looking for another pair of Ray Ban's today and maybe a new swimsuit. Not paying rent or groceries helps me save a hell of a lot of money! Might as well go spend some! Especially since I found out that I can still fit in kid sizes - I bought a nice dress that I will probably wear today for $5.

Ciao for now.