Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life is Good.

:D

The past week has been quite nice overall.
Last friday Greg and I went to see Metric downtown at the Amplitheatre. He headed down early friday afternoon so we could spend the day walking around. We drove to Kipling subway station listening to Justin Timberlake and headed towards Queen St. so we could look at some cool stores. We stopped at Osgoode Hall (one of my fav places in Toronto) and enjoyed the hypocritical environment. I found some sweet new shades that Greg said looked the best at Urban Outfitters and walked toward Lakeshore. We thought it would be walking distance to the Amplitheatre, but apparently it's not. We ended up catching a streetcar to the Amplitheatre. We found our seats and I went to get a drink and check out the loot they had for sale, but unfortunately everyone that goes to see Metric are tiny people so there were no shirts in my size. We missed the band called Holy Fuck, but caught the second band called Passion Pit, which were pretty good. We got some food and got back right when Metric was going on stage. They played a great show. My camera died after 3 photos, so I had to take a bunch of pictures on my blackberry, which turned out pretty good considering. We walked north towards the subway line, and found out that it was going to take us too long (again) so we took a bus to the subway station back to Kipling. Greg piggybacked me to the car and we drove out to the country to enjoy the rest of the night. We trespassed on some people's property, but heard something moving so I freaked out and we headed back to the car. We had some awkward adjustments and then headed back.

INSERT FORGOTTEN MEMORY.... HERE.
Saturday after work, Greg and I met up, got some tea and a couple blankets and curled up under the stars in the middle of a soccer field. It was such a nice night that I wasn't even cold. I didn't want to leave it was such a beautiful night, filled with stars and planes above us.

Other than that, saturday and sunday turned into a blur, except the World Cup game which I worked. I dealt with alot of stupid people, and since I hadn't eaten that day, I kept making errors, which I hardly ever do. I energized with some grilled cheese and finished the day. I went and picked up Greg from Burlington and headed to Waterloo to pick up my kitty!! Unfortunately, once we brought her to my aunt's, Tux freaked out and scared her down the stairs to the forest. For about 3 hours, we could not find Madi anywhere. I honestly thought that she was gone. I got about 25 mosquito bites from venturing out in the forest. Greg *my hero* ended up finding her in a place I looked 3 times earlier. Thank goodness we found her because she is declawed and would have probably been eaten by a squirrel. We had some fudgcicles and strawberries before we headed back to the city.

Monday morning, I headed up north for a few days. Unfortunately my car is a piece of S*** and hardly got me there. It wouldn't go faster than 100km/h on the highway. Oh, and when I am going up hill, it would drop to like 70km/h. Sketch. I took it in today and my transmission is toast. Yay. Anyways, up north was a good time, and I spent all day yesterday outside. Luckily, yesterday my manager was in a great mood and didn't call me in for my on call shifts, so I got an extra day up north. I got more tanned so I look like I am actually enjoying my summer. Which I am, of course. I am going to try to get back up north next week again for a couple days, as long as my car is in running order.

I have tonight off so I'm just going to take it easy and go grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is one of my favorite activities, and I haven't been able to since I left Guelph. However, starting September 1, I will have my own place again and will be grocery shopping on a weekly basis. So pumped! School, work and my living arrangements will be things to look forward to, FOR SHO.
Other things too. ;)

For the first time in a while, the A/C is too much for me and I am freezing in Starbucks. It is definitely nice to be dating someone with an artistic side.