Monday, May 4, 2009

Victoria Intro Please.

side note: my computer is really dirty - clean this soon.

Friday-
... after the sad airport drop-off.
Once I was in the airport, I had to check my bags. Since I was sad (for leaving Lyle), and irritated (because I was hungry again), and irritated2 (because I was tired and wanted to sleep), I snapped at one of the ladies (who was not nice themselves!) because I had to weigh my bags twice. End of the world, right? Well it sure was at 7:15am. Since I am so calm and collected (ha) I was the bigger-small person and walked on through.
One aspect kind of made me worried/relieved at the same time. Your checked bag can only be 23.0kg, and mine weighed in at 22.2kg. The part that was really funny was the fact that the suitcase that was so heavy was completely full of clothes and ONLY clothes. After I checked in, I walked all the way down to the gate, then all the way back to Tim Horton's. I was constantly sanitizing my hands every 5 minutes or so, then I went on the plane and was HUGE & mostly Korean people. The guy sitting next to me was a wannabe-bodybuilder and was dying of the Swine Flu. Awesome. I took a couple Gravol, tried my hardest to get comfortable and passed out lying in numerous awkward positions for 3 hours. Woke up, ate an apple fritter (yum) and passed out again. Then woke up again, ate a bagel and yogurt and watched The Reader on the TV. Didn't even finish it because we landed in Vancouver about 20 minutes before it was over, brutal.
I sat in the airport chatting with Lyle and Rachel until my next flight took off. It was really cool walking out of the doors, onto the runway and into the plane (like down South). The plane was very tiny and a guy that was travelling from Thailand (JEALOUS) was chatting with me for the whole 15 minute flight. It was really cool how little the plane was and stuff. I was so excited at this point.
We landed, I got my luggage and waited for Kathie to meet me. She came running over (very tanned, jealous) and met up with Tom and Yonik, whom both gave me hugs which was a nice "welcome to the island" gesture. We stopped at a Subway and ate outside on the grass since it was so nice and GREEN here. Stopped by the Liquor Store, got some beer and wine and drove to my present home. It is so cute, I really should put some pictures up.
I set up some of my room, and hung out for some of the afternoon. Kathie and Tom (my roomies) went to get some groceries, and came back and made a delicious pasta salad with feta, chickpeas, olives, green pepper, homemade dressing etc. Crystal and Jasmine (my roomie starting in June) came over and we all headed over to the bonfire party on the outskirts of town. The house is situated on a 3-4 acre lot of trees and flowers (so nice). The beer was free and we all hung out talking all night. It was a potluck so there was great food and fun people. There was a jam session downstairs with drums, tamborines and guitars that people were singing to, and same with around the fire. By midnight, I was exhausted because I was still on Ontario time (which is 3 hours ahead) so I hitched a ride home with a few people. Kathie's door sometimes locks on its own, so I had to crawl thru the front window. I crawled into bed and passed out until 8:00am when I was wide awake.

Saturday-
Woke up, Tom made Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, avacado, and homemade hollandaise sauce, sat around writing, and watching Pirates of the Carribean. By 5:00pm, we went to the grocery store got dinner and made a delicious meal with southwestern chicken breast and honey dijon salad. Tom and Kathie are great cooks and roomies :). We downloaded My Girlfriend's Best Girl or something like that (bad movie) then we all called it an early night.

Sunday-
Woke up early again, and chatted with Lyle on the tele. Had some breakfast and headed down to do some thrift shopping. Picked up some cool things and got some Subway for lunch on the grass. Took the bus back to the grocery store, got some food (muchly needed) and stopped off at home. Jasmine came over, and chatted for a bit. We then headed downtown to go to a couple stores, including the most overwhelming Value Village ever. I spent $35.00 there on stuff for my room and romance novels. It was 6:30pm, so we headed back to the house and made sandwiches and fresh smoothies for dinner. Sat around for a little while, and watched The Great Gatsby.

Today we are dropping off resumes around town and (fingers crossed) finding a job. I am quite desperate right now, not only because I am doing nothing, but also because I love money. ha.
I'm going to go shower and get a move on, I've been sitting on the same couch for 2 1/2 hours.

SO EXCITED FOR HOUSEBOATING THIS SUMMER! woot! Lyle is now coming, and it looks like it's going to be one hell of an epic weekend. Can't wait!