Wednesday, June 25, 2014

27.

My day yesterday may have started with me in tears, but slowly turned into a fun and happy day spent with someone who loves me. 

Madi decided to go on a little "kitty vacation", as Mason liked to call it, by jumping out of our second storey bathroom window. I was absolutely amazed that she was able to do that, and chose to do that considering her timid nature. She may have fell out, who knows. 
We spent the first few hours of the morning looking for her through the woods, since we are completely surrounded by the outdoors. His dad came over to help, and then his mom. Coming from a family who has five (!!) animals, they were very concerned. 
I was quite upset, so Mason gave me (another) birthday present (very spoiled this year) and made me pancakes. His mom came over all flustered and excited saying that "I think I saw her in the trees!! Come quick come quick!!". Forgetting to shut off the oven, we both ran out in search only to find that it was another grey cat. False alarm. 
Went back to the house and the bacon was completely burnt. Oops. 
During breakfast, we received a call that his parents set up a couples spa day for us, partially for my birthday, partially because they felt bad about my kitty missing. It included full use of the spa, lunch, drinks, 65 minute massages, and champagne. We ended up staying in our robes just hanging out for 5 hours. 
At the end of our massages, I got a message from the receptionist that Masons mom had found Madi! We had left the doors open, just in case, and when his mom came to check up, she was found huddled under our bed. In one piece, safe and sound. 

We were both so relieved. 

After that, we were able to relax. I got all dressed up for dinner and we went out. To a couple bars first and then for dinner. It was supposed to be a terribly rainy day (like it is right now), but by the time we left the spa, it was beautiful. We ate dinner on a little patio with jazz over the radio and elephants on our wine bottle. And of course, chocolate for dessert. 


All in all, it was a beautiful day. I may be getting older, but it was the perfect way to make me forget. 

Lastly: most exciting part was coming home to find kitty waiting for us, and smothering her with love.