Monday, November 4, 2013

The Rainbow.

Unfortunately, my mom rarely visits my dreams. It's only once in a while, but it's like we are together again. 

This time, her sight was starting to get really bad but wanted to take me for a drive in Calgary. The weather was rainy and not very nice. 
All of a sudden, we are near our old house in Mount Royal and I yell at her to stop the car. She pulls over and I run around the side to get her. She hits my car door on the sidewalk but I don't care. I hurry her along, she can't walk very fast. I tell her to look up and we are standing at the end of a rainbow.  It is so bright, so magical, and we just stand there together and watch in silence. Other people start to flock towards it too, but we were there first. It starts to fade as I try to take a photo, but can't capture the moment. The rainbow is gone. 


How ironic.
Life is strange and unfair sometimes.