Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Second Chance.

I was walking through campus this morning when I saw numerous trees with green buds and green grass all around. It made me feel elated that nice weather is coming and will be here to stay.
This idea made me think about how New Year's is the time of year to change your habits and feel better about yourself. However, while I was looking at the changing of seasons of winter to spring, it dawned on me that I disagree with this. I had never thought about how the four changing of seasons could be seen as a chance to change bad habits and feel better about yourself. It makes me feel better knowing that you have the chance to do this four times a year, rather than once a year during the most miserable (I think) season of the year - winter. I think that if you remind yourself at the beginning of the four seasons, you can change for the better, you will be more likely to change because you are reinforcing your thoughts more than once a year.

I like the sound of that.