Thursday, August 20, 2009

End of Summer.

The past week has been quite nice. I have had a lot of time to myself, to relax and enjoy the end of my summer. Last week I was actually scheduled for 4 shifts, unfortunately I didn't work 2 of them. Monday I told them I was not feeling well (which was true) and I sat around for the night and watched tv until Brent came over.
Tuesday I had off and did not do anything during the day. Brent and I wanted to watch the meteor shower, so we stopped at Tim Horton's, got a tea and a chocolate chunk cookie (our thing) and headed to the stars. Unfortunately, a somewhat bitchy cop pulled us over because Brent had a light burnt out. Brent hadn't got much sleep lately, so the cop thought he was drunk, stoned or on some prescription drugs. She made him get out of the car, walk a straight line and touch his finger to his nose. Once a half hour at least was up, she let us go with a warning. We drove down to Langdon Hotel and Spa to watch the stars, but the walkway we were going to take was incredibly dark and scary without a flashlight. We skipped out of the star gazing and headed back to my aunts.
Wednesday I was supposed to work, went in, and sat around for almost 2 hours until he sent me home. Brent told me to hang out at his apartment until he was back from dinner... almost 3 hours later he came back. In the meantime, I had gone for a walk trying to find something to eat without success, so I was bitchy and hungry by the time he came home. We got into a little argument over me eating, so he took me to Symposium. I decided after we sat down that I wanted a pita, so we went to Pita Pit, then back to Symposium for dessert. I was craving Carrot Cake after I had dreamed about it last week, and it was incredibly decedent. It was six layers of icing and cake.
Thursday we planned on going to Grand Bend, we got into another argument in the morning which was not very good. I went out for lunch with Nev after giving her the wrong address at Crabby Joe's and went to the mall to get my jeans hemmed. I bussed back to the house and got ready for our mini trip. Brent was at least an hour late picking me up, so I sat with my aunt and talked to her before he came to pick me up. We were both in a little irritated moods, so the ride there was rocky at first. Once we got closer, we both loosened up and enjoyed ourselves. We got to his family's place and had a drink looking out onto the water. We went out for dinner with his aunt at a place right by the beach, waited an hour for our food and watched the sunset together. We went back to the house, had a drink, went down to the beach to watch the stars for a bit. Brent and I took advantage of the view and called it an early night.
Friday morning we woke up to loud noises from his uncle cutting the bushes at 830am. We got up, had some breakfast and headed into Grand Bend to pick up the boat. We went down the river, looking at all the cool boats and headed out into the clear turquoise water. I played in the the water for a bit like a little girl, and Brent brought me down a beer while I passed out on the sand. It was a perfect day. We had some hamburgers for lunch then went out to the boat for some tubing. I only fell off once which was good, but going with Brent was a death wish. He flew up a few feet and then landed on my hip on the way down (still bruised). After that we had another last drink by the water and headed into Grand Bend to look around. Brent was told to have this burrito from JALEPENOS called the Afterburner. It was, unfortunately, the hottest thing he had ever had, and couldn't taste anything for a bit. We went and got smoothies and went and checked out some of the stores. A half hour after he had had the burrito, I kissed him, and my lips started to tingle. It was getting late, so we hopped in the car, got some Tim Horton's on the way, and went back to the city. It smelt like cow poo the entire way, ew. Once we got back, we were going to meet his friends for dinner, and so we headed to Turtle Jack's. Dinner was okay, and we went to Kiel and Jess' place for a drink and to relax. We stayed there for a bit, and walked back to Brent's apartment.

My hands are getting tired... this is the first time I've used the internet on my computer in months. I am definitely enjoying having my Mac back :) I missed you pretty Macbook.